The following is a list of helpful resources for different programs and benefits that may be available to you or your loved ones in Northwest Arkansas:
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) – A professional association dedicated to improving legal services for aging people and people with special needs. NAELA is an excellent source for news and legislative developments affecting seniors. Here you can also find a directory of attorneys specializing in Elder Law.
- Arkansas Volunteer Lawyers for the Elderly (AVLE) – A network of attorneys in 31 counties who volunteer their time by providing free legal services to senior citizens.
- Area Agency on Aging – A nonprofit organization serving citizens over the age of 60, the AAA of Northwest Arkansas helps meet needs such as disability assistance, employment, transportation, medical equipment, legal aid, and much more.
- Arkansas Department of Human Services – A list of state programs specifically benefiting senior citizens in Arkansas, including assisted living, long-term care, nutrition programs, and protective services.
- DHS Division of Aging and Adult Services – Their mission is to promote the health, safety, and welfare of older Arkansans with physical disabilities.
Medicare and Medicaid
- US Medicare – The official website for the United States Medicare program. Includes applications for enrollment, healthcare provider locator, and claims management.
- Arkansas Human Services – The official website for Arkansas Medicaid and other health programs, with up-to-date information, benefit applications, and frequently asked questions.
- Arkansas Department of Veterans Affairs – The ADVA serves Arkansas veterans and their dependents by promoting access to all available federal and state benefits. They also help arrange for long-term care and burial honors.
- Veterans Council of Northwest Arkansas – A local nonprofit group that maintains the local memorial honoring those who have served in the armed forces. Contact them to have your loved one’s name added to the wall of heroes.
- Home for Dinner – A nonprofit group in Benton County that seeks to honor hometown veterans and say “thank you” by providing restaurant gift cards. Additionally, they have started providing veterans with scholarships to NWACC and the University of Arkansas.
Thank you for visiting the website of Advantage Estate Planning and Attorney Lisa A. Reeves. While we hope you find the information beneficial, please be aware it is not intended to constitute legal advice as each individual client is unique. Information on our website may create links to other sources in which this firm has no influence. Exchange of information with our firm does not create an Attorney-Client relationship.